A fundraiser for schools with 4 advantages plus 1 great incidental benefit
*Raise more money *No product handing *No cash collection *No junk food
Your students, while fundraising for their purposes, give kids on remote islands the opportunity of a modern education, reduce carbon emissions and marine plastics.
Whether it’s chocolates, a pie drive or other, usually a significant portion of the money collected goes to the chocolate company, baker or other supplier as the cost of the fundraiser. Imagine, rather than the cost of the fundraiser going to a business, it gives solar power to remote island schools, giving those kids the opportunity of a modern education – literally blackboards to computers. Reducing carbon emissions and marine plastics is a bonus. It’s a genuine win/win.
Its Time Foundation supplies the high quality Fiji resort holiday prize, promotional resources and draws the raffle. Students and the school community sell tickets in the on-line raffle to family and friends – same as a paper raffle except the reach is wider and the average purchase value is much higher. 50% of the funds raised goes to the school.
The school can run multiple raffles at the same time, so Year 8 for their end of year excursion and the environment group for native bee hives and so on. Real time reporting shows every sale and amounts attributed to each raffle. There are no upfront payments, no minimum number of tickets to sell and raffles can be switched on and off at any time. Why not trial a raffle and see how it goes?
How it works
Register your school and once verified you can start fundraising. Here are the key points:
- By sharing a link and/or QR code, tickets are purchased online.
- Within 14 days of end of each month, 50% is deposited into your account. For transparency you real time reporting of every ticket sale. Lean more about the reporting.
- Card and platform costs are 5%, but ticket buyers have the option to cover the costs. Actual costs are averaging approximately 2% – much less than commercial raffle platforms.
- As well as newsletters, social media etc. you have access to custom printable resources to promote ticket sales, check them out here. Also, posters for shops, social media shares, QR codes for custom artworks, suggested text for newsletters, reminders etc. Resources panel.
- Of course we can’t support a resort holiday prize for every group’s raffle, so other schools will be selling tickets as well. A new raffle automatically starts approximately every 4 months. The current raffle is drawn 17 November. You can start or stop a raffle at any time or it can seamlessly continue into the next draw period.
Newsletters, social media, mail outs, posters are great, but most important is to directly ask friends, family, associates and neighbours to buy a ticket – just like you would if given book of raffle tickets.
You control the display of beneficiaries
You set a preference for your raffle:
- Option 1 does not show Its Time Foundation as a co-beneficiary. This makes the raffle presentation simple and more focused on your fundraising purpose. That’s fine because 50% is a reasonable cost for a prize of this quality. An example of Option 1.
- Option 2 mentions Its Time Foundation as co-beneficiary in the header and footer. An example Option 2.
- Option 3 is limited to schools that have chosen to raise funds specifically for Its Time Foundation school solar projects – all funds go to Its Time Foundation. An example of Option 3.
Examples of the impact your students create, while achieving their own goals.
If you wish, we will provide videos, images and perhaps Zoom in to connect your students with these incidental outcomes of their fundraiser.
A note about the raffle and Its Time
Its Time Foundation is registered in NSW where a charity does not require a licence is to conduct raffles with prize value less than $30,000 – as is the case for these raffles. In practice, your school is selling tickets for Its Time and we then donate 50% to the school. Therefore, there is no need for local provisions for the raffle. Please contact if that requires further explanation. About Its Time Foundation, our DGR charity status, etc.