A simple, no cost fundraiser for not for profit groups and clubs
If yours is a genuine community or broader focused not for profit organisation you are welcome to join.
This initiative was trialled with 17 not for profit groups late 2021 and it proved an overwhelming success. In response we created a purpose built, user friendly, high transparency fundraising platform with organisation specific promotional resources.
We arrange and manage the prize (nil cost to you), provide promotional resources and arrange the draw. You simply sell tickets and receive deposits into your account.
Easy to manage and with a new raffle automatically starting every quarter, this can be a neat on-going opportunity to complement your organisation’s other fundraising activities.
“Its Time Foundation runs well established donated resort holiday raffles. When a Rotary club asked me for fundraising ideas during COVID, I suggested they promote a raffle and have half the proceeds for their club’s objectives. For supplying the prize and managing the system, Its Time Foundation uses the other half to give kids on remote islands a solar powered education and reduce emissions and plastics. And when you think about it, that is quite a cool ‘cost’ of gain a prize and running a raffle.” Rob Edwards OAM, Its Time Foundation, Founder.
“We trialled this at our club, Sydney Cove. Members embraced it and it’s a great success. And half of the ticket price puts solar panels on schools to help remote Fijian kids get an education. What a great way to serve your club and the community at the same time. Our club will continue to be part of the initiative and, as District Governor, I’m recommending it to clubs in my district” Jeremy Wright AM, District Governor, 9675 2021/22
How it works
Register your club and once we have verified the information, you can start fundraising. Here are the key points:
- Your raffle may display just your Organisation Name OR Organisation Name – Purpose, for example, “Daylight Football Club, New Goal Posts” raffle (you can change it each time the raffle Purpose changes).
- 50% of revenue is deposited into your account – within two weeks after the end of May. Aug. Nov. Feb. (note current raffle is longer than 3 months to sync with these preferred draw dates). The remaining 50% is split between Its Time solar schools projects (40%) and Plastic Free Oceans (10%). This is possible because the raffles are 100% donated.
- Tickets are purchased online which means that there is no upfront payment or minimum ticket sales required. Simply direct people to your unique raffle page – it will look like this example
- For transparency, you have real time access to ticket sales. You can see full details of your ticket sales on your dashboard and receive notifications if you choose. Ticket buyers may choose to have their name anonymous, but you can see all other details of the purchase.
- Card and platform costs are 5% although the ticket buyer may choose to cover these costs. The current average costs are less than 2% of all revenue. Your monthly report shows the exact percentage for your organisation. (Note, costs of most commercial raffle platforms exceed 6% plus you need to buy and manage the prize.)
- Resources with custom QR codes to display in shops, at events, on newsletters and your website, provide a “set and forget” engagement with some groups in your community.
- A new raffle starts three monthly on the 1st of June, Sept, Dec and March. So, the raffles will keep working continuously to raise funds for your club without you having to worry about setting up a new one. Please note, the first quarter 2022 raffle is a month longer as we reset the draw dates.
- After buying a ticket, the buyer is invited to visit your web site, so perhaps a new member/supporter or two will result!
Please email any questions you may have. Include your phone number and organisation name in the message.
If available, Rob Edwards can join fundraising committee meetings to answer answer any further questions.
You are welcome to follow the Solar Schools Projects.
Your group is welcome to consider the solar schools projects as an initiative you support. You can receive quarterly updates with images and videos to share with your group – it’s a good story. There is no request for a direct contribution. As well as the information on our website, here is a brief insight into our current activity: